Monday 6 July 2009

Disaster strikes !

Argh !

My lovely Asus eeepc took a dive to the floor and has fractured the screen :(

I am blaming my wife, she is blaming my uncontrolled movements after having
a few beers too many.. which of course is ludicrous seeing as how I still move
with the grace of a ballet dancer no matter the quantity of alcohol containing
beverages I consume..
So I have one-sidedly decided to put the blame close to the middle.. closer to her..
(pics will be posted when I find the charger.. incidently I blame the wife for losing that as well)

EDIT
----
OK, found the charger.. it might not have been the better half's fault after all..
Still undecided on the damage sustained to my eeepc though !






In any case the netbook is toast now and am unable to practice the joys of BackTrack
which is a nuisance as the new BT4PreFinal is out and looks pretty sweet.. and I want to get to grips with all the goodness on it !

So to bide the time, a short summary of the excitement on holiday.. yeah.. its kinda quiet there, but great for a rest.

Arrived and found there was a large bee's nest between the windows and the shutters.. yikes..
Got the bee man round and he smoked them with a mixture of straw and cattle feed (?!) which
seems to calm them down a bit, then cut off the combs and put the ones with bee larvae in them
in a new slot for his box..

I was hoping to see the queen, but never did, and even the bee man didn't see her either, all in all
though pretty damn sweet to see.



The beehive;





The dude getting ready;






Starting the removal of the combs one by one ;



Scraping off the bees into his make-shift hive ;



















Actually got about a quarter of a jar of honey as well, can't complain I suppose !

1 comment:

 
Google Analytics Alternative